These brownies are gluten-, dairy-, and soy free! The flour has been replaced by black beans. Why black beans? Because they’re a great source of fiber and iron. The baking powder gives these their cake-like texture and the coffee and cocoa powder give them the mocha chocolate flavor that masks any hint of the beans. Make a batch and keep the beans a secret until after everyone has raved about how great they are!
Need a Valentine’s Day treat that’s not going to go straight to the hips? This is it!
Want to change them up? Add 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract in place of the coffee and vanilla. Or add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or nuts (or a combination) of both before baking. In the mood for fruit? Stir in fresh raspberries before baking! These add-ins will change the calorie count, but if you have room in your diet for a few more cals, they’re a great addition.
- 1 15 oz can low- or no-salt black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 large whole eggs
- 1-1/2 tbsp Stevia
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prepare 8×8″ baking pan with low calorie cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor, adding beans last. Blend completely until no lumps exist.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and slice into 16 squares.
- Serving size: 1/16 Calories: 80 Fat: 3.5 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 3 Protein: 4
- Weight Watchers PointsPlus Total: 2 points
Gluten-Free Black Bean Mocha Brownies – 2 Weight Watchers Points
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Raisin Cookie Recipe
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes – 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points
- Meatless Family Meals – Vegetarian Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili
- Easy and Light Chicken Fettuccine Recipe Just 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus