Of all the events that were scheduled during my recent trip to Walt Disney World for the Disney Social Media Moms Event, the tour of the Grand Floridian’s Bridal Pavilion was the one I was looking forward to the most. Sadly I missed it due to illness, but thankfully those who attended have shared the wonderful pictures as did Disney. I have to say, getting married at Disney World is something I’m hoping my boys will consider – it would certainly be my dream come true and the grounds of the Grand Floridian are stunning – there are so many fabulous places for a photo-op.
“I and many of my colleagues are all very passionate about the work we do in weddings. I guess you can say we are one of the few who get to think about weddings 365 days of the year!” – Korri McFann. A 15-year veteran on the Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings & Honeymoons team.
- Disney Escape Weddings are the least expensive option and meant for small, intimate weddings. Only the 2010 prices are listed, I’d assume they’ve gone up slightly. There are additional minimums and date restrictions.
- Sea Breeze Point at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – $4,750.00
- The Wedding Gazebo at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – $4,750.00
- Sunrise Terrace at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – $4,750.00
- Sunset Pointe at Disney’s Polynesian Resort – $4,750.00
- Disney’s Wedding Pavilion – $5,750.00
- Canada Pavilion at Epcot® – $5,895.00
- Disney Wishes Weddings are a lavish, custom celebration that require a minimum expenditure from between $12-15,000. We paid $10K for our wedding 27-years ago, so this seems pretty affordable to me.
- Disney’s Couture Wedding Collection by David Tutera starts from $65,000.00 (2011 prices and doesn’t include tax). Obviously the Disney’s Couture Wedding Collection by David Tutera is their over-the-top wedding and reception that’s reserved for those with cash to burn
Florida not your style? Disney wedding are available at other popular locations…
How soon do you have to book your Disney Fairy Tale Wedding at Walt Disney World Resort? At least 16 months in advance to ensure you can reserve the venue of your choice – that’s pretty typical in any wedding hotspot. Disney has specialists that are assigned to help you arrange everything from food and flowers to entertainment and transportation.
|Floral||Wedding Cake||Additional Beverages|
Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo collection of bridal dresses can even outfit the bride. These dresses are amazing and they are available for sale at other retailers, so even if you’re not getting married at WDW, you can wear a dress fit for a princess. My favorite is the Snow White dress – it’s stunning!
|Ariel Wedding Gown||Sleeping Beauty Wedding Gown||Cinderella Wedding Gown||Belle Wedding Gown|
|Disney’s Princess Jasmine Wedding Gown||Tiana Wedding Gown||Snow White Wedding Gown||Cinderella Platinum Gown|
I’d be thrilled if either of the boys chose any of these locations although since I’ve been on the Disney Cruise and know how fabulous it is, I’ll be pulling for that one. Yes, it’s my dream, but they’ve grown up loving Disney and at 23 & 25 they still like to go with us, so I’m pretty sure they would consider it. Gotta love it!
Do you have a dream wedding location?
Disclosure: I’attended the Disney Social Media event at WDW – I was not compensated for my time and I paid for my own travel and conference, but the conference is at a reduced rate.