This Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Raisin Cookie recipe mixes up by hand – no need for a power mixer, and in just minutes! It’s made from simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry. You’ll have fresh homemade cookies from your oven in about 30-minutes, and they’re natural and unprocessed! Make them organic by using all organic ingredients which are so easy to find now. Shop online and in local stores. You’ll find most are only pennies different in price from their everyday counterparts in most cases.
Because these fabulous cookies are dairy-free, they’re vegan and without flour they’re gluten-free, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t tasty! Unsweetened apple sauce is used in place of fat ,so these are low fat as well. Check out the Weight Watchers PointsPlus value – only two per cookie! Be sure to use natural peanut butter as they generally don’t have any added sugar.
Freeze these in individual wrappings for a great lunchtime treat – just pull them from the freezer while making your lunch and they’ll be thawed and ready to eat by lunchtime. Eat within 2 months of freezing or 2-3 days of baking for best results.
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup ground (quick) oats*
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cups raisins
- Stevia to taste (may be omitted or substitute sugar or Agave Nectar)
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, ground oats, baking powder, cinnamon, sweetener and raisins; set aside
- In a large bowl combine applesauce and peanut butter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Flatten 24 equal sized scoops of mixture on cookie tray and bake for 10-20 minutes, until browned.
- Cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes then remove to a cooling rack
- *Don't have quick oats? Process rolled oats in a blender or food processor until the consistency of uncooked instant oatmeal - or use all rolled oats for a nuttier texture.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus Value - 2 points per cookie
- Disney Travel Tips – How I Save Money On Food at Disneyland and Walt Disney World (miscfinds4u.com)
- Organic, Natural, Allergen-free, Vegetarian and Vegan Easter Candy Avaiable Online For Those In Need (miscfinds4u.com)
- Consider Free-Trade Chocolate and Natural Food Coloring this Valentine’s Day (miscfinds4u.com)