I’ve loved “Mad Men” since I accidentally stumbled into it in season 1. I thought it was a 1950’s movie and started watching, only to realize it was a current day series made to look like a 50’s show. I was hooked!
I’ve fallen in love with the characters, storyline, and the evolution into the 1960’s. I also love how they weave stories and events that happened during those times into the show and give a sense of what it was like for people living during that time to experience those life-changing events. Yes, I was born in the 60’s, but I was young. It’s fun to see what life was like for families back then.
I’m looking forward to the 70’s which is when I was in my teens. I can’t wait to see them go through the bell bottoms and peace sign era and see how that changes what they advertise and how. “Mad Men” is a great journey through pop culture, advertising, and the mood of the era.
MAD MEN: SEASON FOUR contains all 13 episodes of the season, which originally aired in Summer 2010, and is packed with hours of special features including extensive commentaries and innovative featurettes. The complete fourth season of “Mad Men” will arrive on DVD and Blu-ray in a limited edition, 3D lenticular package, on March 29th, for the suggested retail price of $49.98 and $49.99 respectively.
DVD/BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES*
- “Divorce: Circa 1960s” – A three-part documentary on the laws and deep emotions surrounding divorce during a time when the traditional family was at the core of American society
- “How to Succeed in Business Draper Style” – CEOs, advertising legends and executive coaches use scenes from MAD MEN to detail Don Draper’s 10-point blueprint for success
- “Marketing the Mustang: An American Icon” – Explore the birth of the Ford Mustang as well as the marketing and advertising campaign that launched an American classic
- “1964 Presidential Campaign” – Archival footage of President Johnson’s and Senator Goldwater’s speeches, campaign commercials and the Presidential Inauguration detail one of the most lopsided elections in American history
- MAD MEN Season Four commentaries – Matthew Weiner and the cast and crew of MAD MEN take viewers behind the scenes in feature-length audio commentaries for all 13 episodes
*Subject to change
Jon Hamm – The Town, The Day the Earth Stood Still, TV’s “30 Rock,” Kissing Jessica Stein
Elisabeth Moss – Get Him to the Greek, TV’s “The West Wing,” TV’s “Invasion,” The Missing
Vincent Kartheiser – TV’s “Angel,” Alpha Dog, Another Day in Paradise, Dandelion
January Jones – Unknown, We Are Marshall, Love Actually, Pirate Radio
Christina Hendricks -Life as We Know It, TV’s “Life,” TV’s “Kevin Hill,” TV’s “ER,” TV’s “Firefly”
Bryan Batt – Funny People, TV’s “Rescue Me,” Jeffrey
Michael Gladis – TV’s “Life,” TV’s “Third Watch,” K-19: The Widowmaker
Aaron Staton – August Rush, The Nanny Diaries, Descent, TV’s “7th Heaven”
Rich Sommer – TV’s “The Office,” The Devil Wears Prada, Pose Down, TV’s “Law & Order”
John Slattery – Charlie Wilson’s War, Reservation Road, TV’s “Desperate Housewives”
Robert Morse – How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, TV’s “Tru”
Jared Harris – Extraordinary Measures, TV’s “Fringe,” The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Kiernan Shipka – Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore, Carriers
- Year of Production: 2010
- Title Copyright: © MMX Lions Gate Television Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Type: TV on DVD
- Rating: NR
- Genre: Drama
- Closed Captioned: DVD –English Closed Captioned
- Blu-ray – English SDH
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- DVD Format: 16×9 Widescreen
- Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16×9 Widescreen
- Feature Running Time: Approximately 611 minutes
- DVD Audio Status: 5.1 Dolby Digital and 2.0 Stereo
- Blu-ray Audio Status: 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio
Photo credit: Photos © Lionsgate Home Entertainment and used with permission
- Infographic: Mad Men: Seasons 1-4 Explained (slashfilm.com)
- Disney “Tangled” Pre-Order Special Offer Save 50% Plus $10 with Qualifying Purchase (miscfinds4u.com)