Cheerios come in a new flavor! Cinnamon Burst which has 20% Daily Value of fiber. These are tasty little Cheerios that have real cinnamon instead of cinnamon flavor and the flavor held up well in milk. As an occasional treat, these would be a great addition to breakfast. Regular or whole grain Cheerios have less sugar and are probably a better choice for most meals. Mixing Cheerios Cinnamon Burst Cereal with regular Cheerios would also be a great way to keep the total sugar down, espeically for children.
Until BHT is removed, I will only eat these on rare occasions. Additionally, the “natural flavor” and “color added” are not identified so it’s likely something I’d rather not ingest. Such a shame and I hope Cheerios works to remove or change some of these ingredients – they’ve been improving their ingredients a lot in the last few years so kudos to them!
- 110 calories per serving (3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points for each cup)
- 20% of Daily Value of fiber
- Low fat – Contains 3 grams or less of fat per serving or per 50 grams if serving size is 30 grams or less.
- Saturated fat free – Contains 0 grams of saturated fat per serving.
- Naturally cholesterol free – Contains 0 milligrams of cholesterol per serving.
- Good source of calcium – Contains at least 10% of the Daily Value of calcium per serving.
- Good source of vitamin D – Contains at least 10% of the Daily Value of vitamin D per serving.
- Made with whole grain – Contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving. U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend eating at least 48 grams of whole grain per day.
- 12 vitamins & minerals – Contains “good source” (at least 10% of the Daily Value per serving) of the number of vitamins & minerals indicated.
Check out these delicious recipes made with Cinnamon Burst Cheerios® cereal!
Burst Cheerios® Cookies
Praline Peach Parfaits
Topped Pumpkin Bread
Cheerios® Snack Mix
|Cinnamon Burst Cheerios®
|Cinnamon Burst Cheerios®
WIN IT! – Winner Chosen
Comment Contest – WinnersPrize won: Cinnamon Burst Prize Package GiveawayComment: virgomomwriter says My husband makes me smile in the morning when he says “love you” while rushing out the door…
Want to try some Cinnamon Burst Cheerios for yourself?The fine folks from General Mills will give one lucky commenter a Cinnamon Burst Cheerios cereal gift pack that includes a box of Cinnamon Burst Cheerios cereal for you to try, family 4-pack of cereal bowls, travel cereal chiller and a cinnamon scented candle! To enter, comment below on what makes you smile in the morning.
Contest ends 2/24/2011, 11:59 pm PT. Regular contest rules apply. Open to mailing addresses within the U.S.; age 18+; no PO boxes
Want Extra Entries?
- FACEBOOK – Like our Princess Time Toys Fan Page and/or Cinnamon Burst Cheerios (3 entries each)
- BLOG -Subscribe to Miscfinds4u and/or Princess Time Toys (3 entries each)
- Tweet this post using the Share/Save at the bottom of this post – tweet up to 2 times a day (1 entry each tweet)
- Digg or Stumble our blog’s home page (5 entries each!)
Disclosure: Cheerios provided me with the free product, information, and gift pack through MyBlogSpark
Photo Credit: cheerios.com
- NEW! Cinnamon Burst Cheerios Review and Giveaway (miscfinds4u.com)