Disneynature “African Cats” follows the phenomenal success of both “Earth” and “Oceans“. This new movie was filmed in Africa and follows two families through their good times and trials. This focus on just a few animals documentary style is what makes this movie different from most nature films. By following these animals, we get a more rounded look at their world.
Leaping into theaters on Earth Day, 2011, “African Cats” features the real-life love, humor and determination of the kings of the African savanna: Mara, an endearing lion cub who strives to grow up with her mother’s strength, spirit and wisdom; Sita, a fearless cheetah and single mother of five mischievous newborns; and Fang, a proud leader of the pride who must defend his family from a once banished lion.
Said to be a real life “The Lion King”, this True Life Adventures is directed by Keith Scholey and Alastair Fothergill (“Earth”). The preview show some amazing family bonds and some phenomenal vistas. The music and video are very much up to Disney standards and this is sure to be a movie that both makes you smile as well as brings a tear.
WATCH THE COMMERCIAL-FREE “AFRICAN CATS” TRAILER
Want to make your trip to the movies even more educational? Visit the African Cats website and download a FREE 8-page activity guide with science and geography themes as well as a free educator’s guide and educational extras. While you’re visiting the website, find out more about saving the Savannah and the African Wildlife Federation (AWF). Additionally, Disneynature will contribute 20 cents per ticket to the AWF for every ticket sold during the opening week (April 22-28) with a minimum pledge of $100,000
PRODUCTS AVAILABLE TO SUPPORT “AFRICAN CATS”
- Disney Nature: African Cats: The Story Behind the Film (Disney Nature African Cats) (hardback book – adult)
- African Cats: Sita the Cheetah (Disney Nature African Cats) (paperback book – juvenile reading)
- African Cats: A Lions Pride (paperback book – toddler)
- African Cats: African Cats (kids sticker book with pull-out poster)
Text CATS to DISNEY (347639) for exclusive African Cats Movie Alerts (message and data rates apply – if you’re under 18, get your parents permission first)
Enjoy “African Cats”, a family-friendly movies that’s sure to entertain, in theaters on Earth Day, April 22, 2011.
CONNECT WITH DISNEYNATURE ONLINE
- Website and Mobile Site: Disney.com/AfricanCats
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Disneynature
- Twitter: twitter.com/Disneynature
- Genre: True Life Adventure
- Rating: G – General Audiences
- U.S. Release Date: April 22, 2011
- Narrator: TBD
- Directors: Keith Scholey, Alastair Fothergill
- Producer: Keith Scholey, Alix Tidmarsh