It sounded too good to be true. Add fiber to my diet which is supposed to aid in weight loss, simply by chewing on a few tablets. That’s the pitch of FiberChoice’s new Weight Management formula. “FiberChoice Weight Management has Chromium Picolinate, green tea and plenty of fiber to help you feel full longer. Plus, it’s bursting with great flavor, so you can have your fiber and enjoy it too.”
Unfortunately, upon checking out the ingredients, I found that they’ve colored the strawberry flavored tabs with FD&C Red 40*. Since the dye may not be vegetarian-friendly, although it’s likely petroleum based, it’s often tested on animals, I won’t eat it. Additionally, I no longer eat any non-vegetable based dyes or artificial flavors, so sadly I won’t be able enjoy the supposed FiberChoice®’s weight management assistance. I’ll have to get fiber the good old fashioned way, with food.
Fiber Facts From FiberChoice®:
- Most people need 25 to 30 grams of dietary fiber each day, but most of us get only 12 to 15 grams a day.
- One daily serving of FiberChoice® – just two chewable tablets – contains 4 grams of dietary fiber.
- Fiber is typically associated with regularity, but fiber is also important for overall digestive and full-body health.
- FiberChoice® is available in 10, 90 and 220-count bottles, ranging in price from $2.49 to $19.99.
I know not everyone has given up dyes, and I’m not about to tell someone else what to do with THEIR body, so I’m sharing the info because you may find it helpful. Before I read the label (I need to learn to read first and taste second, but I didn’t expect the dye), I did try two tablets. The texture was pleasant in a squidgy kind of way, the taste obviously artificial but not horrible, and I didn’t experience any gas or other side affects. Since I’ve opened the bottle, my hubby will finish them.
FiberChoice® Product Information:
- FiberChoice® is available in four formulas: FiberChoice® original formula; FiberChoice® Weight Management; FiberChoice® Plus Calcium, and FiberChoice® Plus Antioxidants.
- FiberChoice® flavor varieties include orange, pomegranate, assorted berries, strawberry, sugar-free orange medley, and sugar-free assorted fruit (green apple, grape and strawberry).
- FiberChoice Official Website
- Download FiberChoice Coupons
- FiberChoice on Twitter
*Learn More about FD&C Red 40 aluminum lake (aka RED 40 LAKE), its origins and possible health hazards, at http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/ingredient.php?ingred06=702432
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of FiberChoice and received a coupon to facilitate my review and a gift code to thank me for taking the time to participate.”
- Up Your Fiber Intake with Fiber One Cereal and Bars – Enter to Win! (miscfinds4u.com)