Old Orchards Cranberry Naturals Classic Cranberry juice cocktail is new on the ready-made drink market. Unlike most reduced-calorie juices, it uses a blend of sugar and Truvia™. Truvia is the brand name, it’s actually made from the Stevia plant. Launched in 2008, it’s a new comer to the sweetener market.
Truvia tastes the same in juice as sugar. Cranberries on their own are very tart. It’s a rare person who can drink it without some kind of sweetener. I’m working toward moving away from artificial sweeteners, so I was thrilled to give this a try. I enjoyed both variates I recieved (Classic Cranberry and Cranberry/Raspberry), in fact, I had to remind myself that while it’s reduced calorie, it’s not no-calorie, so I had to suspend my drinking gluttony.
The taste is not too sweet and yet not too tart. I like my cranberry juice mixed with sparkling water or ginger ale for a little sparkle. On holidays, I love it as a virgin Vodka Cranberry drink (recipe below). Better yet, there is no High Fructose Corn Syrup (It’s a personal choice to remove all HFCS from our diet), no artificial colors (another must-have for me – why do companies use rehydrated bugs to color juice?), flavors, or preservatives. Exactly what I’m looking for!
I’m loving the new lower calorie and fabulous tasting juice. I’ve added it to my must-find-locally list and will be looking for more of the flavors they have available.
- Cranberry Naturals Classic Cranberry
- Cranberry Natural Cranberry Apple
- Cranberry Naturals Cranberry Blueberry
- Cranberry Naturals Cranberry Grape
- Cranberry Naturals Cranberry Pomegranate
- Cranberry Naturals Cranberry Raspberry
Virgin Vodka Cranberry
- 1 oz Ginger Ale
- 4-1/2 oz Old Orchards Cranberry Naturals Juice
- 1 squeeze fresh lime juice (to taste)
- 1 squeeze fresh orange juice (to taste)
For best results, make sure juice and Ginger Ale are well-chilled. Pour all ingredients into a 6 oz old-fashioned glass half-filled with ice. Garnish with a lime or orange slice. Change Ginger Ale to Vodka for an adult version.
- Holiday Inspiration from Pier 1 Imports (miscfinds4u.com)
- Natural and Organic Cookies, Brownies, and Biscotti from Ruth’s Brownie Kitchen – Win It! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Personalized and Customized Holiday Cards From ShutterFly.com (miscfinds4u.com)
- Winter’s Songs: A Windham Hill Christmas – Soothing Sounds for the Holidays – WIN IT! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Shop Online for Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Organic Candy at the Natural Candy Store (miscfinds4u.com)