These potatoes with lemon are decidedly Greek in nature and are so fresh and light! Definitely use fresh lemon juice and herbs for the best results. You can certainly change these up by adding olives and switching out the butter with olive oil.
These reheat beautifully and I’ve got some in the freezer (although I’ve not reheated them yet so I can’t vouch for them just yet). I’ve also had them reheated for breakfast with eggs…..mmmmm!
- 2 lb Yukon Gold medium potatoes or baby red potatoes, peeled
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley or equivalent of fresh
- 1 tablespoon dried chives or equivalent of sniped fresh chives
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into halves, then quarter them. Chop fresh parsley & chives if necessary.
- Place them into an ovenproof dish, pour on the lemon juice, add the garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with butter. Pour the broth around the potatoes and place into the oven. Sprinkle with parsley and chives.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Pour off the sauce into a serving cup. Broil the potatoes until crispy. Serve with the reserved sauce.