This salad is super-fast to prep, so delicious, and made with ingredients you likely have on hand or growing in your garden. If you’re not an avocado fan, substitute fresh basil leaves for a more traditional salad.
This salad can be made ahead (see the note below about the avocado) and it travels beautifully so it makes a great brown bag salad. Or, add a glass of wine and crunchy baguette for a romantic picnic lunch!
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- cucumber, diced
- cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all vegetables and the mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add salt.
- Toss well.
- Serve immediately.