Thinking of serving dad breakfast in bed for Father’s Day? Breakfast in bed doesn’t have to be elaborate, it just has to be done with love. Something as simple as a small child putting frozen waffles in the toaster or arranging baked goods on a tray. Older kids can make pancakes and serve gourmet coffee. The point is to honor him on Father’s Day and he’ll appreciate the effort.
Looking for something special this year? Try an omelet! This one is reminiscent of a Hawaiian Pizza. Just add orange juice and toast for a great breakfast!
- 6 eggs
- 6 tbl water
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup small pineapple chunks (drained)
- ½ cup cubed ham or turkey
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tbl butter
- Beat eggs with water, add salt & pepper and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet and watch until the eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle one half of the omelet with the filling ingredients and fold the remaining half of the omelet over.
- Continue cooking this for about two more minutes or until the cheese has melted and the egg is set throughout.
- Cut the omelet into three wedges, top with additional cheese, pineapple, and green onion to garnish if desired.
- Serve while hot.
- Easy Vegetarian Omelet, only 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus, and Daily Journal (miscfinds4u.com)
- Easy and Light Chicken Fettuccine Recipe Just 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus (miscfinds4u.com)