A refreshing change from the more traditional tomato salsa and a great way to use up an abundance from the garden of peppers, cucumbers, and green onions. I throw the cucumber, pepper, scallion, and parsley into my food processor, chop it all up, and then add the liquids and mix by hand.
This is best after refrigerating at least a few hours or over night to marry the flavors. It’s cool and just a tiny bit savory at the same time. Serve it as a side dish or place it out with a bowl of tortilla chips. Delish!
Green Summer Cucumber Salsa
- ½ small cucumber, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- Bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix gently. Season with black pepper.