Every month is Home Safety Month at our house. Living with a firefighter for 30-years has made me aware of all the in-home hazards that can cause fire or injury. I’m thrilled to be able to offer information provided The Lehigh Group and First Alert that will help keep you and your family safe, both inside the home and out.
- First Alert Fire Extinguisher | Tundra Fire Extinguishing Aerosol Spray™, AF400: We have several of these in our home. They’re a powerful but compact and are effective on common household fires including fabric, wood, cooking oil and electrical fires.
- Crawford-Lehigh CZB3 Stretch Rope 3-Feet Green: We’ve not tried this specific brand, but it is really important that you secure your load on roof racks and in truck beds. There have been several horrible accidents here in the Seattle-area by unsecured loads. This particular brand is available in a variety of lengths and is a bungee-style tie down which feature vinyl coated steel hooks with security clips. They can secure loads up to 400 pounds.
- First Alert WT1 Drinking Water Test Kit: Who wouldn’t want to know if there is hidden harmful bacteria and chemicals in your water? First Alert’s Drinking Water Test Kit is a do-it-yourself kit that tests to Environmental Protection Agency standards for toxins such as lead, pesticides, chlorine and more.
- First Alert MT1 Mold Detection Kit: Mold has been at the forefront of health news for years. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that six varieties of mold are common and three can produce toxins harmful to humans. This Mold Test Kit from First Alert allows you to safely and accurately test for and identify the various types of mold that may be colonizing in your home. Once you know it’s there, and what kind it is, you can take steps to rid it from your home.
- First Alert RD1 Radon Gas Test Kit – Radon is an invisible, odorless and poisonous gas that causes tens of thousands of deaths each year. It is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the US (number one among non-smokers). It’s responsible for approximately 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year. The First Alert Radon Gas Test Kit comes with all the materials needed to test your home’s radon levels.
- First Alert LT1 Premium Lead Test Kit: According to the CDC, children under the age of six years old are at an elevated risk for lead poisoning because they are growing so rapidly and often put their hands or other objects, which may be contaminated with lead dust, into their mouths. Find out if your home has lead with First Alert’s easy-to-use Lead Test Kit.
These are just a few of the products you can use to help keep your loved ones safer. What’s your most pressing issue?