My husband is skinny. He works hard and he works out, so he can eat meals like this. Me, I don’t eat meat and I couldn’t eat this much fat if I wanted to, so I had plain spaghetti & vegetables only. The hubby loves this full-fat, super cheesy Parmesan chicken. Special thanks to the Greensbury Market for the organic chicken. They also sent us some Organic Sirloin which I’ll share with you another day.
I used Better Than Chicken Bouillon because it’s what I have on hand, but they do make real chicken bouillon as well. If you haven’t tried the Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon brand, I highly recommend it. They have full-meat varieties as well as vegetarian and vegan and their bouillons are exceptional. They have a creamy consistency and fabulous flavor. I’ve used the beef bouillon at Dinners Ready and there’s a noticeable difference. I also use their Better Than Beef version for myself – it’s amazing! I’ve tried other vegetarian bouillons and found them to be very bitter. These are so tasty!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 (3x1") slices Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Better Than Chicken Bouillon (or 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon Granules)
- ¼ cup flour
cupbread crumbs or Panko
- ¼ cup grated or flaked Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. snipped parsley
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375
- Rinse the chicken breasts. In thickest part of each chicken piece, cut a pocket just large enough for the cheese slice (I use Kitchen Shears -
itsso much easier than using a knife). Place a cheese slice in each pocket and close the pocket with a wooden toothpick.
- Seasoned Flour: stir together flour, season with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Egg Wash: Whisk together the eggs and bouillon in one large, flat bowl. Better than Chicken Bouillon is perfect for this and tastes fabulous - even though it's vegetarian.
- Breading: Mix Parmesan cheese, parsley, and Panko
bread crumbsin third shallow dish.
- Coat chicken on both sides with the seasoned flour, next dip in egg mixture; finally dredge both sides in the crumb/cheese mix patting to help it adhere to the egg & flour.
- Brown in hot oil 2-3 minutes on each side. Transfer to lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake in
375 degreeoven 20 minutes.