“Ni hao!” That means “hi” in Chinese–and that’s Kai-lan’s greeting when she meets new friends. Kai-lan Chow is a Chinese-American preschooler, nearly 6, who needs kids’ help in finding creative solutions to the daily dilemmas that come her way. She has a group of bilingual buddies who speak in English and Chinese and children are encouraged to learn new Chinese words by interacting with her online and through the TV shows and DVD specials.
Kai-lan Chow has a dedicated section on the Nick Jr. website. There you’ll find more about the show, the characters as well as fun and free printables for kids. There are also recipes, games, and craft ideas that tie in with the series.
ENTER TO WIN! winner chosen
Ni Hao Kai-Lan: Kai-Lan’s Great Trip to China DVD (RV $16.99)
Street Date: 7/14/09
Synopsis: Join Kai-lan and her friends Rintoo, Tolee and Ho Ho in an adventure-filled, fun and educational trip to China in this exciting double-length feature episode. Kai-lan gets a phone call from her favorite great aunt (and YeYe’s sister), Gu nai nai, inviting us to come to China and meet a baby panda! During their journey, Kai-lan and her friends are amazed by all the new things that they see. This playful and upbeat show introduces Mandarin Chinese in a fun, interactive way, also helping children to develop emotional and social skills.
Nickelodeon has kindly provided me with a copy to give away! Comment below with your child’s favorite Nickelodeon show.
Regular contest rules apply. Open to US only. Contest ends July 26, 8pm PT.
Want extra entries?
- 1 Extra Entry – RSS Feed: Subscribe to my feed and leave a comment.
- 1 Extra Entry – Stumble: Stumble our main page, Miscellaneousfinds4u.com, and leave your Stumble name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Technorati – Favorite Miscellaneous Finds 4u in Technorati and leave your name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry – Twitter: Follow me on Twitter and comment below with your Twitter name in a separate comment
- 1 Extra Entry –Tweet: Tweet this this giveaway & leave the direct URL in comments