I know, I get excited over the silliest things, but I’m truly thrilled to have found biodegradable dog poop bags! Why? I have three dogs and yes, I’m a responsible pet owner and I pick up after them. For years I’ve thought about the amount of bags I’ve tossed in the garbage but felt there wasn’t anything I could do – I certainly was not going to separate the poop and flush it – blech! But recently, I found out that those lazily tossed bags can take over 100 years to decompose in my local landfill. I’m not OK with that! So I had to rethink my options. Luckily, there’s a new choice!
BioBag Dog Waste Bags are the first biodegradable and compostable plastic poop bag in the world. Now I can toss the waste, bag and all, into the composting bin where it will decompose naturally in 10-45 days leaving nothing harmful behind.
The bags come in a roll of 50 bags, which lasts me about a month, and to reduce waste even further, they’re shipped without a box. They’re generously sized at 7-1/4″ x 11″ and are sturdy enough to pick up and carry without worrying about breakage. No polyethylene is used in their production process and they meet ASTM D6400 specifications as well as California SB 1749 requirements.
BioBag Dog Waste Bags can be purchased online at the Exclusively Green Online Store for $5.49 (they’re currently on sale for $4.75 for 50 bags). They also come in BioBag Large Dog Waste Bags – 35 Bags per Roll. 13″ x 9.75″ – $5.95 currently on sale for $4.75.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Yard Waste Great Substance For Composting (backyardgardeningtips.com)
- It’s Criminal Not to Compost: Mayor Newsom on Compulsory Composting (treehugger.com)
- Plastics, non-biodegradable before, not anymore (scienceblog.com)
- Taking A Look At How You Can Use Compost Heap (hbb2obm.com)
- San Francisco Signs Nation’s First Mandatory Composting Law (cleantechnica.com)
- Is Composting Environmentally Friendly? (thecompostbin.com)
- The Way Organic Waste Turns Out To Be Some of The Greatest Compost (hbb2obm.com)