Donate today and help UNICEF put an end to the preventable deaths of children due to a lack of clean water. Every dollar raised through the Tap Project supports UNICEF water, sanitation and hygiene programs. Donations raised during last year’s Tap Project funded lifesaving programs in Cote D’Ivoire, Nicaragua, Iraq, Belize and similar water and sanitation projects around the globe. Clean water is more than just for improving a child’s immediate needs, it also means for many that they can attend school as without the water support they must spend their days collecting water instead of learning.
With your support, the 2009 Tap Project will be an even greater success. Donations raised this year will fund projects in Haiti, Togo, the Central African Republic, Sudan and a variety of programs throughout the world.Video
- View more Tap Project videos on the UNICEF USA YouTube Channel
- Listen to Tap Project Radio
From March 22-28, 2009, restaurants and volunteers across the country will join together to raise awareness about the critical role water plays in a child’s survival. Find a participating restaurant. On Sunday, March 22, 2009, people in Chicago and New York can participate in a one-mile walk to raise awareness and support for children worldwide who lack access to clean water.
Not able to make any of the events? You can still make a difference by making a donation as an individual Tap Project supporter, click here or you can Buy, Sell, or Donate through eBay Giving Works Click here for more information.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Advertising: A Campaign for Clean Drinking Water Expands (nytimes.com)
- U.N. Agency: Nearly 1 Billion Are Hungry (cbsnews.com)
- Joel Madden Discusses Darfur & Enough Project (richiefan.com)
- Joel Madden on the Tap Project (one.org)
- Tap Water – Clean Water For All (one.org)
- The Tap Project (takepart.com)
- Clay Aiken Supports the Tap Project (takepart.com)
- UNICEF Ambassador Joel Madden Talks Malaria & Clean Water (richiefan.com)
- Today Is World Water Day (takepart.com)
- TV & Photo Opportunity – UNICEF TAP Project Launch Event: March 23, 2009 (newswire.ca)
- Lack of funds may halt UN’s humanitarian air service in Africa (cbc.ca)