I realized that I needed AC power for my iPod because I wasn’t disciplined about keeping it charged through my computer. I looked at aftermarket options but found so many reviews from users that they were substandard and in some cases damaged the iPod. It also voids your Apply warranty if you use non-Apple products, so I opted for the Apple USB Power Adapter for iPod/iPhone from Apple. I purchased it from Amazon for $29.
I chose it because it uses the existing cable. Simply plug your existing iPod plug into and then you can recharge in any standard US electrical outlet. Small and compact, it’s easy to pack for trips, a must have for me.
Sure, I could have gotten a cheaper one, but I truly believe you get what you pay for. It works beautifully, charges from a fully drained battery to full one in about 15 minutes, and I expect it to last for years.
- The Mind Behind Killer iPhone App Pandora Radio (cultofmac.com)
- Current Earphone Controllers Don’t Work with 3G iPod Shuffles (thegadgetblog.com)
- Apple sued over exploding iPod Touch (news.cnet.com)
- iPod Touch Firmware OS 3.0 or iPod Touch Gen 3 with Camera (ipodtouchtricks.blogspot.com)
- An iPod So Small Its Controls Are Found on the Cord (nytimes.com)