So you have a blog and you Twitter, how do you put the two together? A simple “Follow Me” graphic and a little HTML is all you need to convert blog readers to Twitter followers. There’s no need to invent one on your own, there’s a plethora of ready-made graphics available on the web.
These are my favorite free Twitter Icons available online:
- Randy Clay – 18 different icons to choose from. Probably the oldest and most recognized icons for Twitter. There’s something to be said for an instantly recognizable symbol.
- Siah Design – A huge selection of both static and animated icons. Many with transparent backgrounds. The designer will also personalize one for a $10 donation.
- VicentaBry.com – Thirty one different logos, each in two sizes. Very colorful. The site is not in English, but the buttons that have text are.
- Icon Spedia – Only one, but it’s really cute!
- Smashing Magazine – Only one, but we liked it so much it’s the one we used on our site (with a few modifications)
- Web 2 Icons – Simple square logo in 5 sizes – matching icons for many other social networking sites as well.
- Productive Dreams – Small set of great Twitter icon graphics.
- Janko at Warp Speed – Just two, but in lots of sizes, and cheeky.
- Jason1234 via DeviantART – Some non-bird Twitter icons – a nice change! I especially like the Twitter World icon.
- Smashing Magazine – Fall leaves – includes coordinating icons for other social networks.
- Dry Icons – a great social media set that looks like a sticker being pulled up.
- Smashing Magazine – Designed by Mirjami Manninen, these are really cute. Scroll down to find them beneath another set.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Whatcha Doing? Twitter, Other Status Tools on Rise (appscout.com)
- HOW TO: Connect With the FriendFeed Community (mashable.com)
- Blogging Tops Internet Marketing Tactics Poll (socialmediatoday.com)