I attended Monsters University as a guest of Disney • Pixar; however, all opinions are my own.
Well, I called it! Months ago when I saw the first 40-minutes of Monsters University, I called it a winner and this weekend’s box office numbers prove me right! This is definitely another DISNEY • PIXAR film that will stand the test of time and become one of the films that will be in everyone’s home video collection.
This new film adds a plethora of fabulous new characters that have been added to the old favorites. I love the younger versions of these favorites – like the retelling of a story after the fact – we learn what made them the monsters who they are in Monsters, Inc.
Even knowing how the movie ends doesn’t ruin the fun. This is one of those films you’ll watch a second time only to find even more things to love. Plus there are plenty of jokes for mom and dad to enjoy that hopefully the kids won’t understand until they’re in college.
Now that you’ve seen the film, I’m curious what fraternity you identify with? Personally, I’m torn between the PNK because I identify with their special style of thinking and the OK because I’d be that old person who’s gone back to school. I feel like I’m a fit for both. But where do you fit in?
The Greek Life of Monsters University
Here are the group photos for all of the MU Fraternities and Sororities plus Greek Council members.
Monsters University is in theaters now – don’t miss the chance to see these larger-than-life characters on the theater screen.
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY (In 3D)
- Website: disney.com/MonstersU
- Facebook: facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
- Twitter: twitter.com/disneypixar
- Genre: Comedy/Animation
- Rating: G
- U.S. Release Date: June 21, 2013
- Voice Talent: Billy Crystal, John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Charlie Day, Nathan Fillion, Bobby Moynihan, Julia Sweeney, Aubrey Plaza, Tyler Labine, John Krasinski, Bonnie Hunt, Beth Behrs and John Ratzenberger.
- Director: Dan Scanlon
- Producer: Kori Rae
- Story by: Dan Scanlon and Daniel Gerson & Robert L. Baird
- Screenplay by: Daniel Gerson & Robert L. Baird and Dan Scanlon
- Composer: Randy Newman