- Gingham Baking Cups
- 2 pkg (16.5-18.25 oz. ea.) white cake mix
- Eggs, oil and water to prepare mixes
- Red-Red and Rose Icing Colors
- 1 can (16 oz.) White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Micro Hearts, Fill Your Heart Mix, Chocolate Hearts Mix or Valentine Nonpareils Sprinkles or Red or Pink Sugars
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place baking cups into standard muffin pan from the Two-Tone Cupcake Pan kit.
- Prepare white cake mix following package instructions. Remove about 1-1/2 cups batter from bowl; divide into 2 smaller bowls. Tint one smaller bowl of batter red, the other rose.
- Place cupcake insert into first row of baking cups; fill center ⅔ full with red or rose batter. Fill remaining cup ⅔ full with white batter. Remove insert; wash and dry. Repeat with remaining baking cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cake tester or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on baking rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Tint portions of icing red and rose; reserve some white. Pipe tip 1M or tip 12 icing swirl onto cooled cupcakes. Add sprinkles or sugars.
- Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- For more Valentine’s Day recipes, baking tips and gift inspiration, visit www.wilton.com.
What better way to display your love on Valentine’s Day? How about a delicious treat made from the heart? A sweet indulgence is a perfect way to show your love.
Did you know that in a national survey done by Wilton, they found that 25% of women under age the age of 55 bake as part of their Valentine’s Day celebration? I’m not surprised.
Among the most popular treats women prepare for their spouse or boyfriend, children, family, friends, and co-workers are cookies, cakes and cupcakes.
Here are some decorating tips from Wilton to help you make your Valentine’s treats special:
- Shape It! Use heart-shaped pan like Wilton’s Valentine Cookie Pan or two round pans cut to form a heart. Or make heart-shaped cookies.
- Dip It! Cookies can be made more special by dipping them in white, dark, or milk chocolate. Go crazy and add sprinkes!
- Fill It! Fill your cupcakes with a surprise filling. You can do it manually by using two pastry bags to fill the pan with both colors. Too much trouble? Try Wilton’s Two Tone Cupcake Pan. It does all the work for you.
- Cup It! Decorative paper baking cups are available in a rainbow of colors and styles.
- Pack It! Stylish bakery boxesare available for presenting homemade goods as gifts. Tie it with a ribbon and deliver it to your sweetheart.
Wilton 2105-7783 Two Tone Cupcake Baking Set was used in this recipe.
Photo Courtesy of Wilton