Go meatless at least one night a week – you’ll save money and you’ll discover how easy it is to cook with beans, lentils and other protein-packed plants. Plus serve your dressing on the side and dip your fork into it for each bite – it’s an old Weight Watchers trick to get dressing in every bite without soaking your salad in it.
- 3 sprays Pam Organic Olive Oil Spray
- 2 tbsp Simply Organic Taco Seasoning, Southwest, from one packet - store the remainder in an airtight container.
- 15 oz can Westbrae Natural Organic Black Beans, Vegetarian, drained
- 15 oz Westbrae Natural Vegetarian Organic Kidney Beans, drained
- 1½ cups water
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Organic Valley Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- ½ cup Organic Valley Sour Cream
- 8 cups Fresh Express Veggie Lover's Salad
- Spray a frying pan with organic Pam. Add seasoning mix and cook 30-60 seconds to release the scent of the spices.
- Add the water and mix thoroughly.
- Add both beans and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the bean mixture from the heat and mash lightly with a fork or spatula.
- Place 2 cups of mixed greens on each plate and divide the bean mixture between the 4 servings. Top with sour cream, green onions, tomatoes, and cheese.
- To make ahead or serve another day, refrigerate the bean mixture separately and rewarm and assemble fresh. This bean mix is also good as a snack with tortilla chips or as the basis of a vegetarian bean burrito.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 9
Ingredient Shopping Helper
Calorie, fat, carbohydrates, and Weight Watcher points are configured from these specific brands. You may certainly make substitutions, but it will change the final numbers. These can all be purchased online:
- Pam Organic Olive Oil Spray
- Simply Organic Taco Seasoning
- Westbrae Natural Organic Black Beans
- Westbrae Natural Vegetarian Organic Kidney Beans