Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle
Summary: We’re pretty traditional around here for the holidays. We generally make the same cookies every year and most years that includes some Nestlé® Toll House® Chocolate Chip Cookies. This year there’s a new variation on the old favorite we might have to give a try. They’d also make a great holiday gift from the kitchen!
This is one of many holiday recipes available – visit Walmart’s special holiday recipe section for more!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Nestlé® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels (1 12 oz. pkg)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl BEAT the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.
- Gradually sir in flour on low just until mixed. By hand, stir in 1-½ cups of the chocolate morsels and the nuts.
- Press the dough into an ungreased 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown – be sure the middle is set before removing them from the oven.
- Cool until just slightly warm (about 20 mins)
- Melt the remaining ½ cup of chocolate morsels.
- With a frosting applicator or plastic sandwich bag with corner clip, drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies.
- Allow chocolate to cool and set then break cookie into irregular pieces (unless you’re like me and you’d like them more uniform – I’d cut them in triangles or diamonds).
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 22 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Check out these other yummy looking recipes! Click here for all of the recipes
Recipes and photos reprinted with permission