Summary: This is a kid- and family-friendly recipe that’s super easy to make – even young children can make this one! It’s a sweet treat that’s great for an afternoon snack or fun dessert. Kids will love the interactive aspects and parents will love the great taste. Use any fruit your child enjoys – bananas and raspberries are particularly delicious.
Simple and delicious, this fruit and yogurt recipe is a great way to get more fruit into your child’s diet. Serve along side some fresh veggies for a complete meal.
Courtesy of Produce for Kids – Produce for Kids® encourages healthy eating among families by providing simple, healthy meal solutions and resources for parents, while raising funds for local children’s non-profit organizations.
- 1 cup non-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 – 2 Tbl unsweetened cocoa (to taste)
- 1 Tbl honey or agave nectar (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup strawberries, washed and dried
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- In a small mixing bowl mix the yogurt, cocoa, and agave nectar/honey. Mix until desired cocoa flavor and sweetness is attained.
- Plate the fruit around the chocolate yogurt dip. Fancy toothpicks make it more fun.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2
Microformatting by hRecipe.
- Vegetable Recipe | Birds Eye Veggie Cupcakes (aboutamom.com)
- 15 Best White Chocolate and Peppermint Recipes: Cookies, Cake, Fudge (miscfinds4u.com)
- Holiday Baking Recipes: Kid-Friendly Sugar Cookies on a Stick Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Hot Cocoa Mix Recipe for Fall (aboutamom.com)