My husband LOVES shrimp. It’s about the only seafood he’s crazy about. And I love salsa, so this is one of those duo recipes – make & mix without the shrimp then divide it and add the meat to his and leave mine without. Perfect!
I love the fresh ingredients used in this one and will be making it soon. When I do, I’ll be using Wild Planet Pink Shrimp. Why? Because it is MSC Certified and contains no phosphates or anything artificial. My husband is worth it – he’s a keeper 🙂
Not a shrimp fan? Toss in your own favorite crustacean and substitute some Old Bay Seasoning in place of the cumin for a unique taste and serve on soda crackers or similar.
- 1 can Wild Planet Wild Pink Shrimp, drained
- 3 large plum or other tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ jalapeno pepper, finely minced
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, diced into ¼" pieces
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ avocado, diced into ½" pieces
- Juice of half a lime, plus zest
- 1-2 tsp chopped cilantro, fresh
- ½ tsp cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine wild pink shrimp, tomatoes, onion, garlic, black beans, jalapeno pepper, cucumber, corn, avocado, lime juice and zest.
- Mix gently.
- Add cilantro and cumin, season with salt and pepper, mix again to combine all.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Recipe compliments of Wild Planet and reprinted with permission
Photo Credit: Wild Planet
- Grilled Cilantro-Lime Shrimp with Spicy Hass Avocado Puree Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Guacamole Rolls Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Tequila-Glazed Fish Tacos with Fresh Avocado Salsa Recipe (avocadocentral.com)
- Sunkist Lemon Seafood Paella (faithfullyfrugal-and-free.com)