A Paula Deen recipe I can get behind! I LOVE cheesecake and these mini cheesecakes would be perfect to make ahead and freeze. But, I’m still partial to a graham cracker crust and homemade pie toppings, but in a pinch or in a hurry, a cookie would suffice. By the way, did you see this adorable video of a two-year old making a Cheesecake? Seriously cute, and the purpose was to show how easy it is.
Want a lower calorie treat? Skip the cookie and go crust-free! Then top your little cheesecake with fresh fruit – you’ll be leaving out all the added sugar in the pie filling.
Don’t forget you can find more easy-to-make recipes like this one featured by Paula Deen and Kraft Foods’ online community – Real Women of Philadelphia and in their cookbook Real Women of Philadelphia: The Cookbook which can be purchased online at Lulu.com.
- 12 vanilla wafers (like Nilla Wafers)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry filling, or other pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add sugar and vanilla, beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow tarts to cool completely.
- Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Reposted with permission
So easy! A great kid's recipe
Photo: Recipe and photos reprinted with permission.
- Paula Deen’s Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball Recipe for Mother’s Day (miscfinds4u.com)
- Paula Deen’s Nutty Orange Coffee Cake from a Can for Mother’s Day (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes with Strawberry Gelee Filling (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Deep Dark Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Gingery Blueberry Shortcake Sliders – Lower in Fat and Calories but Not Taste (miscfinds4u.com)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes – 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points (miscfinds4u.com)
- Two-Year Old Makes Cheesecake Factory Knock-off Clone Cheesecake (miscfinds4u.com)